Prior to contacting the embassy, please familiarise yourself with the information on how to apply/renew your Estonian citizen’s documents. Relevant category based on your age group can be found in the drop-down menu.
As a reminder, documents can be applied for or renewed in the following ways:
- the self-service portal of the Police and Border Guard Board
- by POST directly through the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board
- at the embassy
The Estonian Embassy in London accepts new document applications and issues previously arrived documents ONLY with pre-booked appointments.
Applying for or renewing your documents can take up to 6 weeks. One your documents have arrived, these can be issued either at the Embassy in London or at the Estonian Honorary Consulates in the UK. Honorary Consuls are in Cheltenham, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Belfast, Jersey and Leeds.
On what occasion do I have to book an appointment and submit the application at the embassy in person?
- Your old passport expired more than 6 years ago (then you need to give new fingerprints) or if the Police and Border Guard Board confirms that new fingerprints are required.
- Your child has reached 12 years of age and therefore needs to give fingerprints for the passport.
- You wish that someone else picks up your passport/ID-card on your behalf. A written consent can only be given at the Embassy.
Should you have any questions, please call our consular phone line 020 7838 5388 (Mon-Fri 10am – 1pm) or send us an email at Consul.firstname.lastname@example.org.